Journey Law provides the following services to business owners in Cornwall and Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry:
- Business start-up
- Incorporation, partnership, and shareholder agreements
- Drafting and reviewing contracts and leases
- Purchase and sale of businesses or business assets (including real estate)
- Asset protection for business owners
- Business succession planning (including corporate restructuring)
Local family-owned businesses need a trusted legal advisor. All businesses interact with the law by leasing or purchasing real estate for their offices or facilities; entering into agreements or contracts with customers and suppliers; maintaining insurance; and eventually merging or selling their businesses. Business owners must also individually navigate financial, estate planning, and liability issues.
Journey Law’s relationship with business owners typically starts with a comprehensive Business Legal Needs Audit to determine what services are needed. The services offered include establishing and maintaining a business entity; ensuring that adequate insurance is in place; reviewing agreements and contracts; and succession planning. To address a business’ evolving needs on an ongoing basis, the firm offers affordable fixed fee membership plans and regular flat fee options.
To get started with Michele Allinotte or Alexis Fafard at Journey Law, call (613) 933-7720.